Dreaming of a zx-14r - Page 3 - KawiForums - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-29-2014, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Sexton View Post
Looks good man Congrats and be safe on that beast lol
I'm seeing too many awesome 14Rs these days...I seriously want to buy another one for some sick reason!
zeeleelfishman likes this.

Evora - 2013 14R - Cox Radiator Guard - R-77 SS/CF - CBlasted ECU - Q3s Gear Nolan N104, Scorpion EXO-500, Icon Device Leather (D30 back), Icon Anthem Mesh, Scorpion SGS, Joe Rocket Accelerator Jeans (D30 knee), Aeromoto Corsa Pro LeatherPants, TCX S-R1 Boots RIDE SAFE - BE SEEN - ATGATT - HAVE FUN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-29-2014, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakwolf View Post
Sure thing, well here are some quick ones removed the more obvious gull crap and flies, but still alot to do.

That was my first choice in colors and actually the one i test rode for kawi demo days. It was a big difference in handling and power vs my 2007.
But when i saw the green and black 14 on the showroom floor, I was sold.
Congrats on the new ride.
post #23 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 01:08 PM
Intermediate Member

Grats!

Beutiful bike, that's my favorite color combo...although I am a little biased since I did the red fins and calipers on my 2012 - Kawi just copied me .

Ride safe.

2012 Metallic Spark Black ZX-14R: Black Coffman GP Duals, GPR v4 Damper, Lowered, lights blacked out, 8k HIDs, PP Road tires, BMC filter, Puig DB, Pazzo levers, Rizoma grips, Vortex keyless cap, Custom seat cover, Rim tape, painted fins.
152mph trap 2nd time out SWB/Stock motor. Now with nitrous...
Quote:
Originally Posted by trademe900 View Post
The brakes argument is old, any 600 brakes are ample, you just squeeze harder.

post #24 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-02-2014, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

Thanks . I'll make sure to post again next season if we live to tell the tale of it (we = bike and rider).

That being said, i wonder if you guys have tricks of the trade to maintain the matte black finish. I figured no wax should be put there, nor any "rough" compound. By now i only used water and some smooth clothes.

Lastly, what kind of front/rear stand do you use for winter storage and maintenance? I am leaning toward the pitbull rear stand made for the zx-14r (revzilla)...but not sure about the front stand.

Last edited by Oakwolf; 10-02-2014 at 01:46 PM.
post #25 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-02-2014, 02:49 PM

What is "winter storage"?
t-rex racing. Half the price of pitbulls and just as good. Plus you get free spools.
They also have the dual wheels for more stability.
Front & Rear
post #26 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-02-2014, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the tip, i'll talk a look at those.

btw, nice garage! and its content too :P
post #27 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-02-2014, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakwolf View Post
I am leaning toward the pitbull rear stand made for the zx-14r (revzilla)...but not sure about the front stand.
ABBA superbike stand. Can do so much more than Pit bulls, and only cost a bit more.

Evora - 2013 14R - Cox Radiator Guard - R-77 SS/CF - CBlasted ECU - Q3s Gear Nolan N104, Scorpion EXO-500, Icon Device Leather (D30 back), Icon Anthem Mesh, Scorpion SGS, Joe Rocket Accelerator Jeans (D30 knee), Aeromoto Corsa Pro LeatherPants, TCX S-R1 Boots RIDE SAFE - BE SEEN - ATGATT - HAVE FUN
post #28 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-02-2014, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic.Thing View Post
ABBA superbike stand. Can do so much more than Pit bulls, and only cost a bit more.
I've heard good things about those. How do you like it? Any pics?
post #29 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-02-2014, 10:53 PM

The stand is as easy to use as they show in their videos, really.

Here's my review

In total, for ABBA Superbike Stand (lfts rear), Front Lift Arm kit (lifts front & rear), swingarm removal kit, and swingarm bobbin kit I have $360 wrapped up in it including s&h. I think a set of Pitbull front/rear wheel stands are aroud $300 + s&h

The best thing about the ABBA is the modularity. For $250 they also even have a wheeled base the bike can be lifted on so it can be rolled around on. Then another benefit is it can be used for any sportbike (or bike with a similar swingarm style) with addtional pins if needed (kind of like spools for different brands for Pitbulls).

Keep in mind in no way do I benefit from anyone buying these things, just think it's a really cool product that's engineered for a purpose. Is it perfect? No. but as far as easy to use, versatility (with what I listed, the bike can be torn down to the last bolt), safe, storage, it's definitely one of the best stands for the price on the market.

post #30 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

Thanks alot for the ideas guys. After searching around I'll look into that abba stand (if i can find it), seems safer to use than the rear/front stand for some reason, and i don't have a large garage so storage is important for me (which may be an issue with skylift/bursig stands).

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the KawiForums - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode