Ecu reflash info - KawiForums - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2015, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

Ecu reflash info

Ok so im sure its been talked about on here before but who here has had there ecu reflashed . I have a 2006 zx14 with a pc5 and K&N air filter with a muzzy 4 into 1 full system . I read alot of posts about Schnitz racing Guhl,Ivan and Brocks but the last i found was from over a year ago. So any issues with Schnitz $75.00 flash? Im not drag racing just looking to clean up the mid range with the secondary flies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2015, 10:54 AM

There's a guy who does ECU flashing named CBlast. I recently had my Gen 2 ECU flashed by him. He offers a one stop solution, adjust fuel maps and ig timings and things like that in the ECU itself. Unless you plan on riding frequently in other parts of the country (elevations) or frequently are changing performance parts, you don't need a PCV or whatever that "lets you change maps when you want". That's all marketing, just to help you sleep better at night I guess.

I'm going to be doing some object testing, but I will say I really do think there is some difference in performance. I've never had this happen before, the thing power wheelied in 2nd yesterday.

His flash service is $300 for Gen 1 14s. But as I say, apparently his fueling and things are light years above what others are doing. His passion is 14s, although he flashes all ECUs on all bikes. Gen 1's apparently aren't nearly as refined as Gen 2s, and C's flash is really helpful for the issues you're speaking of.

Here's his website. I'm not sure exactly if he does what services and such, but I paid $400 for my Gen 2 flash. I'm positive when I do my objective testing (soon..probalby in the next month or two) there will be a proven performance difference. I bought a 2nd ECU to have flashed, so my stock one is in tact. Bike's acceleration will be tested with both ECUs in and compared.

GetCblasted - at least get ahold of him. You'll be hearing about him in the next couple years just like you hear about Ivan's, Guhl, Brocks, and those other guys.

Evora - 2013 14R - Cox Radiator Guard - R-77 SS/CF - CBlasted ECU - Q3s Gear Nolan N104, Scorpion EXO-500, Icon Device Leather (D30 back), Icon Anthem Mesh, Scorpion SGS, Joe Rocket Accelerator Jeans (D30 knee), Aeromoto Corsa Pro LeatherPants, TCX S-R1 Boots RIDE SAFE - BE SEEN - ATGATT - HAVE FUN
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-06-2015, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Thanks i was on his site didnt see an email or phone number in his contact info

Last edited by 1994 zx7; 04-06-2015 at 07:15 PM.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-06-2015, 07:59 PM

hmmm I know he just got that site put up, might not be quite finished...

you can email him [email protected] He goes by CBlast, his name is Sebastian. He's a cool guy, if you drop him a line tell him Vic sent you. I'm a customer just like anyone else, but have got to know him through a forum and emails. Just trying to help a brother out that's got a good product, and passion for what he does, and ultimately saving people money (no need for useless pigs with his product).

Evora - 2013 14R - Cox Radiator Guard - R-77 SS/CF - CBlasted ECU - Q3s Gear Nolan N104, Scorpion EXO-500, Icon Device Leather (D30 back), Icon Anthem Mesh, Scorpion SGS, Joe Rocket Accelerator Jeans (D30 knee), Aeromoto Corsa Pro LeatherPants, TCX S-R1 Boots RIDE SAFE - BE SEEN - ATGATT - HAVE FUN
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2015, 02:32 PM

Cblast did my Gen1 last week and it was money well spent. Power everywhere in any gear at any throttle opening. No stumbling or lurching anywhere..even wfo in 6th from low rpm is smooth.
zeeleelfishman likes this.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2015, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

Sent my Ecu to C blast today thanks for the info
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2015, 03:21 PM

I went from a PCIII with Ivan's Performance TRE-008 with a Tiforce full 4 into 1 exhaust map to a Cblast ECU flash and it was money well spent. The bike runs smoother and makes power seamlessly from idle to red line. With the PCIII the bike did not wake up til 4k rpm but with Cblast it feels strong right off idle. Love it and it is nice not having a bunch of extra electronics on the bike.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-07-2015, 04:32 AM

Schnitz

i'm running Schnitz and love it along with my bazzaz....straight pipped and de catted runs like no other.. best $75 spent....
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-07-2015, 08:02 AM

I have a 2014 zx14 and the schnitz flash and PCV. Works fine for me.
I think they all have flashes done somewhat similar, flies open sooner, top speed restriction removed, higher redline etc.
Not sure if they do a full fuel map on the flash so that's where the PCV comes in as a better combo.
I also heard Brocks and Ivan uses Guhl for their flash but they have special instructions.
I never did hear back from Guhl on their fuel mapping for the ecu so I saved money going with schnitz and a PCV and supposedly ended up with more hp of having a custom map.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-07-2015, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic.Thing View Post
There's a guy who does ECU flashing named CBlast. I recently had my Gen 2 ECU flashed by him. He offers a one stop solution, adjust fuel maps and ig timings and things like that in the ECU itself. Unless you plan on riding frequently in other parts of the country (elevations) or frequently are changing performance parts, you don't need a PCV or whatever that "lets you change maps when you want". That's all marketing, just to help you sleep better at night I guess.

I'm going to be doing some object testing, but I will say I really do think there is some difference in performance. I've never had this happen before, the thing power wheelied in 2nd yesterday.

His flash service is $300 for Gen 1 14s. But as I say, apparently his fueling and things are light years above what others are doing. His passion is 14s, although he flashes all ECUs on all bikes. Gen 1's apparently aren't nearly as refined as Gen 2s, and C's flash is really helpful for the issues you're speaking of.

Here's his website. I'm not sure exactly if he does what services and such, but I paid $400 for my Gen 2 flash. I'm positive when I do my objective testing (soon..probalby in the next month or two) there will be a proven performance difference. I bought a 2nd ECU to have flashed, so my stock one is in tact. Bike's acceleration will be tested with both ECUs in and compared.

GetCblasted - at least get ahold of him. You'll be hearing about him in the next couple years just like you hear about Ivan's, Guhl, Brocks, and those other guys.
The R can power wheelie in 2nd in stock form with traction control off. My 2007 could power wheelie in 2nd.
I'm really curious as to your findings. We're not talking a lot of hp increase with a flash, more efficient if anything.
The PCV can fine tune your bike especially on a dyno if you want every hp you can get. I've seen dyno charts getting more hp out of a PCV than a flash. And then you can change it if you change mods on your bike.
We're actually splitting hairs at this point if you can feel 2 hp on your butt dyno on an already 200 hp bike.
I also wonder if they push the limit on the safety factor of the motor in order to get all that power.
Post up your findings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the KawiForums - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode