Man this board is so dead..Question and Answer time - Page 3 - KawiForums - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-17-2015, 10:46 AM
Intermediate Member

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeurtno
Check and make sure the reservoir isn't over full. If it is too full it builds up pressure as the fluid heats up and expands and can lock up the front.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-22-2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRorZX View Post
Guys, check this out. I just bought a beautiful zx14 2015, also purchased two bros black series slip on for it, which I will install; however I drove 2 miles from the dealership and the front brakes lock up at a stop light. WTF! I said to my self, not my baby girl acting up already. Im in the middle of the road with a 500lb brick that won't move. The dealership had closed, everyone left when I left, I had to pay 150 bucks to have it towed uugghh, just a mess I'm so pissed. Does anyone know what would cause the brakes to lock up on a brand new bike?
so what happened?
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-08-2015, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Intermediate Member

probably got it fixed through warranty

"I love this damn bike" Me ---- ZX-14R

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Sexton View Post
probably got it fixed through warranty
probably scared shitless and hand couldn't release the brake
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 02:29 PM

Just saw the topic and thought i'd contribute. I ordered a Sargent Seat (Low) with storage pod. They said there'd be a delay for the order as there was some issue with the pod paint. Can't wait to see what it looks like (2014 matte black). Also bought and installed Knight Design lowered pegs. Just need to fiddle with the stop light switch thing to get along with the lowered brake pedal. If i do something else it'lld be bar risers.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-16-2016, 05:47 PM

I've made my way through the ranks of IT over the last 20+ years and have seen a lot of technologies and websites come and go.

This is just my thoughts on what happened to "Forums". They died when better UX/UI was obtained through faster innovation from the likes of Facebook and Twitter which really took off in the last 5-6 years. Only die hard forum fans still hang on to these forum web sites. Website forums are just a dinosaur of a technology, like any text-only website reviews for products. The main reason I'm here today is because of the forum database attack I was not notified about by VerticalScope. I had to find out from another member and that's crappy on its own.

No one can argue with the money Youtubers are making; In 2016, the kids are not reading web pages like we did in 2000. Now they are going to youtube or similar, and they want to watch a video of the product and get a better feel for it all around. This goes for every thing marketable. This is why print media has been getting sucked in a vacuum and performing the longest slow death in history. Personally I do pay for my motorcycle magazines and continue to support them, but I would also be just fine if it came as only a PDF to my tablet. Having the magazines collecting dust around the house only introduces wife-aggro.

Also the answer to making the ZX-14 better is the H2. Kawasaki broke the mold yet again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the KawiForums - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode