Hot start issues
2007 ZZR 600
Been having some hot start issues since the end of last season. Facts:
- Starts easily when cold (with a little bit of choke and usually a touch of throttle for good measure)
- If I Start it back up within a minute after shutting off it will start, but only with a touch of choke.
- Let it sit for a while (say 3-5 minutes) and it will fail to start with any combination of choke/throttle
- Letting it cool down for 15-30 minutes and it will *usually* start again, with choke and throttle.
- Will always start again after waiting extended periods of time (many hours/days)
- Was unable to bump start or jump start
- I believe the bike runs rich (plugs looked quite fouled last time i pulled them, 1.5 years ago)
What could I be looking at here, and what kind of troubleshooting could I perform to narrow down the issue?
Any help much appreciated.
Last edited by Matty8; 05-21-2018 at 07:10 PM.